Oh dear. Tsunami would also score poorly. Some of his latest misunderstandings:
- studlights instead of floodlights (but Mummy, footballers have studs on their shoes)
- ear puffs for ear muffs - have to admit this one actually sounds reasonable
- thinking that a little boy in his class (whose arm is fully encased in plaster) has had his arm cut off (Mummy, when they take his plaster off will they sew his mended arm back on?)
- after reading ten pages of his reading book, every one along the lines of, 'Katie wanted a pet dog. Katie got a dog. Jack wanted a milkshake. Jack got a milkshake....' The last page read 'Tom wanted an ice cream. Tom got a ...?' Tsunami looked a bit puzzled, turned to me and asked, 'Mummy, why did Tom get a question mark? - and no amount of explaining or reasoning could help him understand.
- in the car on the way to school this morning, apparently at random, he says, 'Mummy, they had their blazers on'. After craning my neck to see what other children we had maybe passed that had a uniform with blazers (and failing), I said those all encompassing words every Mother knows - 'Did they darling? That's good' only to get the response - 'That will keep them safe won't it?' One now thoroughly confused Mummy... luckily saved by a motorbike driving past - at which point Tsunami declares 'Mummy, he's got his down too, just like the firemen.' The light dawns - he's talking of the visors on the motorbike helmets, not blazers!
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2013 10:31:35 GMT by leo: spelling mistakes!
Mum to AD's Bubbles (29yrs) and Fizz (28yrs) (came aged 6 & 7yrs). Now Grandma to GD Miss Bubbles (9 yrs) she lives with Daddy Bubbles & GS master Bubbles (6 yrs) he was in fc from 3 months old for a year, now returned to live with sister Miss Bubbles & Daddy Bubbles they all have no contact with Bubbles. Bubbles and new partner now have tiny bubbles SS on board. AD Fizz has DD Miss Fizz 3 yr old. Fizz has really turned her life around having finally got out of DA relationship.